Monday, April 27, 2015

UNIT 8 SPEAKING





Speaking is a productive skill. This is the part where you apply everything you have read, listen and write. When you speak you apply grammar, intonation, vocabulary, functions, etc.  We use all these to convey a meaning. This skill is the most important for English learners. Because them want to master it as soon they could.


Speaking happens in real time when we speak we interact each other in order to convey a message. However, applying grammar and vocabulary knowledge are not enough we also should take into account body language (e.g. gestures, eye contact, facial expressions, etc.)These have the power to emphasize a message we want to convey.



In order to teach speaking I would select drills for teaching the pronunciation of words. Later I would make my students practice through asking questions, interviews and role plays. That activities will help my students to master speaking skills. The practice of writing, listening and reading can improve our speaking skill.

Some pieces of advice to master speaking skill


References

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sc4gh5gP1AE


Nal, E. (2014). Instructors' Attitudes&Practices on Assessing English Speaking Skill Assessing English Speaking Skill (1. Aufl. ed.). Saarbrücken: LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing.

Hall, D., & Foley, M. (1987). Skill of speaking. Walton-on-Thames, Surrey, Eng.: Nelson.

4 comments:

  1. Cecilia, your ideas are very interesting to help students to imporve and to practice their speaking skill, I would also use role plays becuase they can be about topics of the real-life. Due that speaking means communication, I would like to give my students this kind of tasks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cecy, you have interesting ideas how to teach and practice speaking skills. I mycase I would also use role plays too,according to their favorite topics. I think it is the best way to teach them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Cecilia,

    I agree with you because your reflection contains helpful things that we as teachers have to know when we teach and apply. So, this skill means communication and it really needs more effort and practice to be a master in speaking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, as you said that speaking is communication. To convey meaninful meaning we need to apply grammara and vocabulary

    ReplyDelete